Learn how to setup Python on your laptop or server.
Python Working Environments
Many people blame Python for being difficult to work with where it's version is concerned. A lot of the tooling that goes around Python's environments are bogged by whats the "one and only way" to do things.
By the end of this article, I hope to leave readers with this:
- Why do you need to track what version of Python your running your application with?
- Why must you never do `sudo pip install X`.
- Why you need Miniconda.
- Why you need a virtualenv.
- Why you need pipenv.
- How to safely configure pip and conda to use JFrog Artifactory.
- Understanding pip configurations.
- Installing Python packages
- Using Python-created shell tools from virtualenvs.