If you want to work with embedded technology, you need to know C. Or do you? MicroPython is an easier way to get started.
MicroPython is a tiny flavour of Python that runs on microprocessors. There are many boards capable of running MicroPython, but the most accessible one in India is the ESP8266 chip, or the NodeMCU.
For this article, I will cover the following:
- How to flash MicroPython firmware on the NodeMCU.
- How to get onto the MicroPython terminal.
- How to configure and enable the WebREPL
- How to use the WebREPL to execute code.
- How to transfer scripts onto the NodeMCU using the WebREPL
- How to transfer scripts onto the NodeMCU using the CLI.
- Tips & Tricks